Sunday, May 23, 2010

Primary helpers

Hello -
I feel very blessed to have my very own Primary to help enhance my Relief Society lesson. Hugo, Ivy, Blake, Oliver sang I'm Trying to be Like Jesus accompanied by Aunt Diane on the keyboard. I teach TFOT. This month was Pres Eyring's Conference talk - Our Perfect Example. I took their picture and taped their song on my tape recorder. It really was a good experience for us all. The sisters enjoyed listening and seeing their picture. Today was alsoHugo's last day in Primary - he will now receive the Aaronic Priesthood and become a Deacon.
Last Sunday we hosted the Family potluck - it was fun to see Hugo playing with our greatgrandchildren. I told him that because he and Uncle John share the same birthday - May 26 - they have similar roles. Uncle John was the go-between our grandchildren and their parents. Hugo is the go-between now with the greatgrandchildren and their parents. Just as Uncle John was a positive influence so will Hugo have to be a positive influence to our great grandchildren who adore him.
That's what family is about.
Hope you enjoy the picture.
Grannie

1 comment:

2x2momma said...

I miss you guys, what a sweet experience. We can't wait to descend upon you this August!