Sunday, August 2, 2009

View from Deck

Greetings -
Just got from Church - something a visiting brother from Oshawa shared with us as he & family journeyed to the West - "God formed us, sin deformed us, Christ transformed us" I thought it was a profound statement - which I am pleased to share with you.
 We've had some peculiar weather lately. Yesterday was lovely - sun shining, breeze blowing softly, then at the end of the day, a violent storm - rain, hail, etc.  W-e-i-r-d!  And it was Heritage Days at Hawrelak  Park. Glad we went there the day before to enjoy the beauty of the park, walk around the lake, to read.  I have read Orson Scott Card's trilogy - Women of Genesis: Sara, Rebeka, Rachel & Leah. Very well written & enjoyable summer reading. Good for a book club. I highly recommend these books. An interesting point of view.
We are enjoying the summer sitting on the deck, watching the view, dead-heading the flowers, reading, quilting. Can't complain. Dad taught the lesson in Sunday School last week -very well done. I am proud of him.
 I am planning to go to the Spanish session at the Temple next week - can hardly wait to go through the veil in espaƱol! I know the dialogue from memory.
Love to all
Grannie
 

1 comment:

Katey said...

Rumour is floating around that Mr. Card is thinking about doing a women of the Book of Mormon next. Here's hoping that he does!