Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanksgiving on Oeming Road

Hello -
We celebrated such a lovely Thanksgiving I feel I want to share our good fortune with you. I went to the Internet for some new ideas & found out that their menus were almost identical to ours. I had a friend come over & help me prepare the feast. We gave the turkey a good rub from a recipe on the Internet. Our menu included turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage salad, peas, corn. My very own pickled beets & Grandpa's very own tomatoes - we had a bumper crop. Katie brought pumpkin pies made from pumpkins she grew in her garden. After dinner i had my friend tell about the origin of this Canadian holiday - very interesting. Hu brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Reminded me of the times when we went camping - he would scrounge around & bring me a bouquet of sild flowers to adorn our table. Some things never change.
Katie & Jason are moving to Slave lake this weekend. Jason got a good teaching job there in the highschool. I hear that it is a picturesque town with parks, library, swimming pool. There is a vibrant branch of the Church. Hu visits this branch in his capacity as Stake Sunday School President. We hope to drive up & visit them some weekend - stay in a hotel & get acquainted with the area.
We attended Stake Conference this past weekend - very good talks & counsel. Hu gave the opening prayer on Sunday. Very articulate & spiritual
Good news from Spencer & Nora this morning - their baby is a boy - so I better hustle & get some blue fabric for a quilt!
Love to all
Grannie

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Grannie, we miss your delicious Thanksgiving dinners!
Matter of fact, we miss all your delicious cooking!
Thanks for inspiring us to get in the kitchen and create some great memories.
- Coleen

Karyn said...

Hello mum,I enjoyed the pictures on your Thanksgiving blog. We are heading off to church soon. The extra hour of sleep was wonderful wasn't it?
Karyn