Monday, May 30, 2011

Los Abuelos posting for the month of May

Hello to all
We have had a memorable month of May.
The highlight was the wedding of Aaron and Patti in Regina SK at the Hotel Saskatchewan. We travelled by Greyhound and Saskatchewan Transportation Company. A ten-hour ride with stops here and there. I had never seen the country between Saskatoon and Regina so it was a treat forme.
We were happy to be present at the wedding. The handsome groom and beautiful bride made us all feel welcome. The ceremony was very nice and the Marriage Commissionaire performed a good job. The dinner was lovely, and the tributes very enjoyable. The entertainment by the Ukrainian dancers was very apropos especially since Aaron is one-quarter Ukrainian - (that comes from my side of the family) The dance following was amusing to watch - I tried to include pictures showing the involovement of so many of the family - great exhibition.
Another highlight on Sunday morning was the blessing of Peter Royer Young by his father and many of the Priesthood participating. It was a special spiritual occasion. Thanks Nora, for explaining the choice of names you both chose for your new son.
Still another highlight of the month was Hugo's birthday - he is now a bonafide TEENAGER!
And on the same day his Uncle John celebrated a milestone in his life - he turned 50! It is my habit of writing each of our children a special letter to them recounting the event of their birth - so I had to include his siblings and the role they played in his early years. It was a fun reminiscence for me. And Happy birthday Maddy, Sydney.
We now have a big job to do planting our flowers in the various pots - it has been the coldest month on record - we have waited a long while to be able to do this job.
I must add I posted about 10 pix and I did not get them placed very well - but I hope you find them interesting.
Love to all
Grannie

1 comment:

LiNds said...

Yes, the wedding, blessing, everything was wonderful! Thanks for sharing the stories with me too, about when Uncle John was born and everything. It was so wonderful to see you and Grandpa at the wedding and then your place. Love you!