Sunday, September 30, 2007

Seattle 'Holiday'

Hello to all-
We spent TWO weeks in Seattle 'looking after' Rachel or better stated she looked after us. She was very cooperative & was a gracious hostess. We went to a movie HAIRSPRAY & she had to hold out her arm for Grannie to have someone to cling to as my leg was giving trouble. It was nice to meet her friends. We enjoyed sitting on the deck looking at Lake Washington & enjoying the sunshine in the afternoon. The mornings were cloudy or foggy or not conducive to hanging out. Most afternoons were lovely. We took walks to the library & Ellis Pond where we could sit and watch the ducks. We did a bit of reading & ofcourse I brought some hand applique to keep me busy. I cooked the meals & Grandpa tidied up so we certainly were not overworked.
When Coleen & Oj returned home they took us for luncheon to Ivars & to Olympic Sculpture Park. Drove me to the Tall Girla' Shop - where of course I bought a new outfit. And then as a bonus treated us to the theatre to see'To Kill a Mocking Bird' - very well done.
Now we are home & life is back to the usual - glad we are still useful.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you at Janine's farewell.
"Age is more a matter of how you feel, how you think, & what's going on in your head than what is going on in your feet" Who but President Hinckley could come out with this statement! I am boosted from self-pity when I remember this.
Love to all
Grannie

No comments: